Joomla 3.7 Update Problems & How To Fix Them
Joomla 3.7 is a major update for Joomla with the multilingual association update that helps you a lot when creating a multiple language site. However, this version still has many errors when updating.
This article focuses on common issues found among those who upgrade their Joomla websites from 3.6.5 to Joomla 3.7 and suggest some simple solutions to fix those issues.
1. Warning Error loading component: com_fields, Component not found
When updating Joomla 3.6.5 site to 3.7, many users have seen the warning error:
“Warning: Error loading component: com_fields, Component not found”
How to fix
- Step 1: Go to Extensions/Manage/Discover
- Step 2: Click on "Discover" button, enter "fields" in search edit and select all extensions it shows
- Step 3: Click on "Install" button and reload the page
2. No access to menu manager after updating to J3.7
Immediately after updating from Joomla 3.6.5 to 3.7, you have no way to access the backend menu manager. The following message appears when you try to go to Menu → Manage:
And if you click on your Main menu, the below error will appear:
How to fix
- Step 1: Go to Extensions → Manage → Database. In this step, you will see a warning “Database is not up to dated” and a list of database problems as below:
- Step 2: Click the Fix button on the upper left. If the database issues are resolved, you will see the notice “Database table structure is up to date”.
You can now go back to your menu manager as previously.
Visit our showcase of Joomla! 3x extensions and Joomla! 3x templates.